Senior Data Scientist
TurinTech uses AI to create and optimise AI automatically, empowering enterprise to transform business with smart and efficient AI solutions.
At TurinTech, we make AI scalable. We partner with the world’s most prestigious institutions to advance research in AI optimisation. Our Product EvoML, the world’s first Evolutionary Optimisation Platform, enables both tech and business users to automatically build, optimise and deploy AI at scale. EvoML has been used by leading companies to build more profitable trading algorithms, develop hyper-personalised consumer goods products, create more accurate health diagnosis software and more.
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join our research team. This is an unique opportunity to embed yourself in a fast-growing deep tech company. Our research team at TurinTech advances the research in automatic ML model generation and optimisation using the latest cutting-edge approaches in feature selection/engineering, model tuning, model explainability and other parts of the ML process.
What you'll do:
- Support our AI research with our academic partners
- Co-develop data science projects with our customers.
- Define and create new and advanced data science techniques and approaches, and apply them to real-world business applications.
- Optimise existing methods, technologies and tools and keep yourself informed about new trends in the market.
- Crunch, analyse and investigate various kinds of data, across industries and use cases.
- Deploy Machine Learning models to production, and develop its integration or front-end (e.g. a predictive webapp).
- Cooperate with different stakeholders to define business requirements and the relevant indicators of success.
- Support the training and onboarding of new colleagues, less experienced data scientists and engineers.
Who you are:
- A Master degree (PhD preferred) in engineering, computer science, mathematics or a related field
- Several years of professional experience in data engineering, especially with advanced SQL and big data pipeline skills
- Over 3 years of experience in machine learning with frameworks (such as Scikit-Learn, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Mllib)
- Excellent knowledge of analytical techniques, especially in the field of machine learning and optimisation
- Experience in the use of Big Data platforms (Spark, Hadoop) for large data volumes
- Knowledge of cloud technology stacks (AWS, GCP, Azure) and data visualization tools and applications (Tableau, Qlickview, PowerBI)
- Very good knowledge of at least one scripting language like Python or R
- Knowledge of container platforms, e.g. dockers
At TurinTech you will get to
- Benefit from state-of-the-art AI technologies and open source libraries based on our award-winning research
- Expose to real-world AI problems with our leading customers across various industries
- Work with a talented, passionate and ambitious team from different backgrounds and continents
- Work at one of the most promising deep tech startups who is backed by top VC firm
- Take ownership and contribute to a wide variety of projects that makes no one day is like another